• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-540V media feeding crooked

astrofan

I'm having problems with the media drifting to one side while it prints. It prints perfectly (no registration problems) and as long as I'm not printing anything over 20 feet long it's not a big deal but this is a new development and I'm curious why, I'm sure it will eventually get worse. The rubber on a few of my rollers seems to have separated from the center part of the wheel, could this be the problem.
It acts like I didn't square up the media when I loaded it but this is not the case. Any suggestions?

Gene@mpls

Is this a new problem? If you are just starting with the printer make sure that
the printer is level- I would think that that could cause a drift to the low
side. And the rubber separating does not sound good- I read somewhere that
the outer rollers are slightly conically shaped for tracking?

astrofan

Thanks, I've had the printer for a couple of years but I did just move it to a new location. I'll check it for level.

GTSTech_1

Media Drifting

Check you outside pinch rollers....if they are soft replace them and your drifting will end. FYI you can't change any of your inside rollers with the outside ones....like previous poster stated they are "coned".

Yes, check the pinch rollers - if you leave the wheels down while not printing this causes flat spots on the wheels (you can see these if you shine a light on the wheels and slowly turn by hand). One possible reason - which we just replaced on a SP540 - the plastic pinch wheel holders (both) were cracked...doesn't happen often, but it is a possible reason after moving the printer.