• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540v not cutting printed stickers /off track /

btropical.com

We are getting some off track cuts on stickers . We usually cut 30 or so 4 by 6 stickers and We are going offtrack. Does it need a new scanner motor , anybody replace these yourself . Thanks Karl :thankyou::signs101:

Mike F

How long of a sheet are the 30 you're cutting? From what I recall the Versacamms can only cut around 3 feet worth of material (that's coming out lengthwise from the printer) before it starts going off. Do your print/cut calibrations and use the CustomCut feature when selecting your media width in VersaWorks. If you're unsure about how to use that feature I can explain.

btropical.com

Ok 4 inch by 6 inch stickers and we stack 30 or so . So should not be more than 3 ft PM me your Fone # or call me at 1-352-302-two four 56 thanks karl usually 54 inch media

rjssigns

An SP540V is an older unit like mine. The outer pinch wheel rollers have to be replaced periodically. And there are Right and Left side wheels. They have a specific taper that tensions the width of material. Did mine a couple months ago.

Another thing to remember: Just because you use the Sheet Cut function DOES NOT GUARANTEE an edge perpendicular to the length. There is a simple method I use to "find" center before dropping the wheels.

One last thing: Run your finger over both ends of the roll of material. If it is not perfectly flush make it perfectly flush. BTW the Roland media guides are total poop. When necessary(which isn't often) I use the ones that came with my Summa cutter.

All this seemingly piddly crap adds up to skewed cuts if you don't keep an eye on it.

That being said I knocked out over a 100 5"x8" stickers and the first to the last were near perfect registration. We have done double sided banners and only been 0.125" out in 8'.

High Octane

Try cleaning the clear strip of material that runs the length of the printer behind where the print head travels....just just some light windex and a rag and run it the length of that clear strip....if that gets dirty..which they do...it can screw up the tracking