• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V printing alignment issues

Ryan Wagener

Hi Guys.

Im having some printing issues with my sp540V.
Its a printing alignment issue, I have had a Roland technician replace the encoder, and encoder reader.
And I am still having the same issue.
The test print pattern is dam near perfect.

The bottom block was printed 1st, after initially turning the machine on the morning, I then switched the machine off, unplugged and printed the next 3 rows of blocks which got progressively worse.

Turing the machine on and off seems to have some affect, any idea what this issue could be?

Thanks
Ryan

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Although I don't like to jump to static right away, the fact that turning the machine on and off changes the outcome suggests that it could be a static issue. It also looks like your material might be buckling which would cause it to be fuzzy in some spots but not others. Try turning the heat settings down a few degrees and make sure the material is nice and flat when it runs through the printer. Other than that, double check the encoder. It might be new but sometimes grease from the rail gets on it and needs to be cleaned.