• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V Service Manual & Cap Top Alignment

GivenToFly

Hello. Does anyone happen to have a service manual for an SP-540V? I have seen other threads on here where links have been posted, but so far all of those are dead. I'm having an issue with my cap top alignment. When the heads park over the cap tops they are just over to the right a little bit...maybe 1/16th of an inch, and it's just enough to cause issues with my magenta/yellow head drying out every few days if I don't have it running constantly. I did a linear calibration, hoping that may help, but it's still the same. I was hoping maybe the service manual addresses the flush alignment on these since I know that can be set on later model machines. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you can get into the service mode, run a linear encoder test and clean the strip and sensor, it might not be "parking" all the way back to where it should be. IIRC there is also a sensor that knows it is parked in the correct location, it may need a minor adjustment or cleaning? Been 10+ years since I had one of those printers.

GivenToFly

I was under the impression that just set the height at which the caps seat against the heads? Whereas my situation, the head is parking just a little bit too far to the right of the caps, so when they seat they are leaving a small area of the head exposed which tends to dry out after a day or two.

Terry01

If the capping station height isn't adjusted correctly, the carriage wont be pulled across enough for the heads to be aligned. Follow instructions on page 151