• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 540V Sum error

Modtour4

I recently replaced my motherboard and now have the dreaded SUM ERROR. I've read all the posts on using the peck tool but obviously, can't find a source for it on the internet.

I love this machine and can't afford to get a newer machine. Only doing signs/banners etc. as a hobby.

I'm hoping someone can walk me through what needs to be done to get this machine running again.

Thanks in advance for any help

Russ

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure the new board has a battery installed. I believe I've run into this issue before and that fixed it.

Modtour4

Make sure the new board has a battery installed. I believe I've run into this issue before and that fixed it.
Thanks for the info! I took the old battery out of the old motherboard and installed in the new motherboard. Will replace battery and let you know how it works out.

Russ

Modtour4

Installed a new battery and that didn't help. When I turn on the main power, VERSACAMM BOOT VERSION 2.0 is displayed in the menu window. I'm assuming that the word BOOT means I need to install new firmware?

Again, if anyone can help me out, need to print a banner for my grandson's 1st birthday.

Thanks

Russ