• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V urgent help needed

hakimeesigns

My Cyan ink was coming through as black, although after a few head soaks and high power cleans the ink was starting to come through, however in an attempt to get the ink through I tried the Pump up option in

MENU>INK CONTROL>PUMP UP,

I did that and it prompted me to remove the cartridges, which I didn't do and turned off the printer instead. Now when I turn the printer on it asks me to select the ink type, I do that and then it starts FILLING INK... but then almost instantly it cancels the process and gives me the following error: CANCELLED FOR PROTECTING MOTOR.

Can someone help.

CS-SignSupply

Turn the printer off and let it sit for 10-15 minutes... The error is there to protect the pump motor from running too much and possibly resulting in a fried motor.

CS-SignSupply

The pump up option is designed to be used only when you want to completely drain the ink from the lines... for shipment or ink change.

Pulling with a syringe from the Black/Cyan captop will resolve the ink contamination issue... or you could continue doing the Powerful Cleans and waste alot of ink and stress the pump assembly/motor.

Ragnabrok

If it forces you to run the fill ink cycle, just disconnect the caps from the pump to avoid burning through a bunch of ink. hook it back up after and away you go!

That being said the reason for the mix in the first place is very likely the cap, or less likely a blockage in the pump line prevent proper extraction.

GSGservice

You have the largest Roland dealer in the world there in Houston give them a call and they can get you a cap top which is the issue. Do not do ink pump up if you have the original pumps this can cause them to fail.