• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-540v wont print black or cyan

Hi all, I just installed a new head, damper and cap top on my Sp-540v.
The black and cyan (left side) I followed the service manual to a T, but now I cannot get any black or cyan ink to fire. I disconnected the tube coming from the cap top to the pump and pulled ink thru, still no black or cyan will fire. I am stumped any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Hello - you may have blown a fuse in the main board. I had the exact situation happen about a year ago.
I had to remove the main board and send it out to have it fixed. The company was amazing and had the board back to me in 2 days.
If you replaced the head yourself, you will be able to do this yourself also. I will send you the name of the company i used when i get back to my shop.
Hope this helps.

Hello - you may have blown a fuse in the main board. I had the exact situation happen about a year ago.
I had to remove the main board and send it out to have it fixed. The company was amazing and had the board back to me in 2 days.
If you replaced the head yourself, you will be able to do this yourself also. I will send you the name of the company i used when i get back to my shop.
Hope this helps.

Thanks

Would you happen to have a schematic of this fuse on the main board? I live in the Bahamas and shipping things out of the country to have them re-enter is a PIA.
Anyone else had this problem?

gregwallace

The fuses are located between the two big ribbons coming from the carriage on the main board. On my printer there are two that look like large grains of rice. They are labeled as 1.6 amp.
If the fuses are good clean the wipers and run a cleaning cycle. If the wipers have ink on them after the cleaning cycle then ink is making it to the heads they just arent firing.
I put a new fuse on today. Magenta and yellow wouldnt fire. If you are comfortable with a soldering iron you can replace the fuse yourself.

phototec

The fuses are located between the two big ribbons coming from the carriage on the main board. On my printer there are two that look like large grains of rice. They are labeled as 1.6 amp.
If the fuses are good clean the wipers and run a cleaning cycle. If the wipers have ink on them after the cleaning cycle then ink is making it to the heads they just arent firing.
I put a new fuse on today. Magenta and yellow wouldnt fire. If you are comfortable with a soldering iron you can replace the fuse yourself.

:goodpost:

This is good to know, how did you solder something as small as a grain of rice (DETAILS PLEASE)?

Do you have any PHOTOS?

Where did you get the fuse?

Thanks

:thankyou:

autoexebat

:goodpost:

This is good to know, how did you solder something as small as a grain of rice (DETAILS PLEASE)?

Do you have any PHOTOS?

Where did you get the fuse?

Thanks

:thankyou:

I have done this myself, I have a very good soldering iron ( paid $200.00 ) for it . That and a magnifying glass and you are all set .

My soldering iron have a fine point tip .

gregwallace

Very carefully. Just pull out the board and lay it flat. We just used a regular soldering iron. Solder the new fuse directly on top of the old fuse. Just solder some spots on the contacts of the old fuse. Then hold the new fuse over the old one and reheat the solders to fuse them together. I guess you've confirmed that the fuse is bad?

Very carefully. Just pull out the board and lay it flat. We just used a regular soldering iron. Solder the new fuse directly on top of the old fuse. Just solder some spots on the contacts of the old fuse. Then hold the new fuse over the old one and reheat the solders to fuse them together. I guess you've confirmed that the fuse is bad?

How do I confirm if it is the fuse?

gregwallace

Use a multimeter to test for continuity. Locate the fuse, set the multimeter to read ohms, and touch the prongs to each of the metal ends on the fuse. You should be reading near zero resistance if the fuse is good. Have you located the fuse yet?

Ok I used a mulimeter to test fuse, and it is the fuse. I am on my way to local Radio Shack to try and find but I sincerely doubt I will find exact one. Wish me luck!

gregwallace

Good luck. If they dont have one try contacting the dealer that sold you the machine. A service tech could find you one as well. I got one from gsg for 8 bucks.