• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp 540v

Morph1

Print all
Just wondering if there are 64 bit drivers for SP 540V and will versaworks install functional on windows 7 x 64....
I looked at roland support website and it appears as there are no 64 bit printer drivers available...
Also can someone give me a few pointers of the order to install this unit on a new computer...
Printer driver first then versaworks ? or just versaworks and that will install the printer driver on its own...?
I am a mimaki user and all my printers run via USB or Firewire, I never set up a printer via cat5 cable.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Versaworks will run on current 64-bit operating systems (Windows 7 and 8.x). Versaworks includes the printer driver for supported Roland devices, without need for a Windows-based driver.

Morph1

Print all
what version of Versaworks ?,
in means of installing the printer onto a fresh pc , what are the steps,
install versa select the right printer , read the ip address copy the address to versa , initiate
and done ? , is that the process, will the versa install the printer driver and the cutting driver ?
I got a separate cutting driver for windows vista which will work as I just tested it on a 64 bit win 7

thanks.

what version of Versaworks ?,
in means of installing the printer onto a fresh pc , what are the steps,
install versa select the right printer , read the ip address copy the address to versa , initiate
and done ? , is that the process, will the versa install the printer driver and the cutting driver ?
I got a separate cutting driver for windows vista which will work as I just tested it on a 64 bit win 7

thanks.

Install the version of VW that you have on CD/ DVD. Configure the IP address of the device (SP540v). Update VW to current version (5.x?).

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
Print Driver

Roland did not make a driver for WIN 7 or Win 8 for the SP540V, they do make a driver for the VP or VS models
I have contacted them and they have no plans for development