Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sp 540v

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Morph1, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Morph1

Morph1 Levelup Digital

Oct 8, 2008
    Edmonton
    Just wondering if there are 64 bit drivers for SP 540V and will versaworks install functional on windows 7 x 64....
    I looked at roland support website and it appears as there are no 64 bit printer drivers available...
    Also can someone give me a few pointers of the order to install this unit on a new computer...
    Printer driver first then versaworks ? or just versaworks and that will install the printer driver on its own...?
    I am a mimaki user and all my printers run via USB or Firewire, I never set up a printer via cat5 cable.
    any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Versaworks will run on current 64-bit operating systems (Windows 7 and 8.x). Versaworks includes the printer driver for supported Roland devices, without need for a Windows-based driver.

3. thesignguy1986

thesignguy1986 Member

Oct 23, 2006
    76 E. Market
    Should work fine as mentioned. We currently run Versaworks on 64 bit Windows 7.

4. Morph1

Morph1 Levelup Digital

Oct 8, 2008
    Edmonton
    what version of Versaworks ?,
    in means of installing the printer onto a fresh pc , what are the steps,
    install versa select the right printer , read the ip address copy the address to versa , initiate
    and done ? , is that the process, will the versa install the printer driver and the cutting driver ?
    I got a separate cutting driver for windows vista which will work as I just tested it on a 64 bit win 7

thanks.

5. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Install the version of VW that you have on CD/ DVD. Configure the IP address of the device (SP540v). Update VW to current version (5.x?).

6. Northern Design

Northern Design Northern Design Graphics

Jan 1, 2009
    seattle
    Print Driver

Roland did not make a driver for WIN 7 or Win 8 for the SP540V, they do make a driver for the VP or VS models
    I have contacted them and they have no plans for development

7. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    I have Windows 7 (64bit) and the latest update of VW is working fine for me with my SP540V.

:smile:

8. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Do you mean a driver so you can print out of all programs like a regular desktop printer?