• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP Fuzzy Magenta Edge

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Need help.

Getting a fuzzy magenta blur on the edges of vector objects.

Roland SP540V, Versaworks 5.5.1, EcoSol Max Inks.

Printing on 3M 40C Matte. CWVR-HighQuality-Sign&Display. Head Height Low.
Issue improved slightly after changing the media profile/type to "Generic Vinyl 1", but is still there and is still noticeable.

Uni-directional printing didn't change results. Testing on various media (3M IJ180cv3, 13oz gloss scrim, 13oz supersmooth blockout) didn't change results.

- Reading other posts and threads on similar topics done.
- Manual cleaning done.
- Bi-directional calibration done.
- Feed calibration done.
- Wipers replaced.
- Wiper scraper replaced.

Nozzle test is okay, not great, but I've seen worse.
Fill test is icky. Fuzzy magenta edges. Magenta streaks in the yellow. Magenta is stepped out from the cyan.

This is a repeat order I do for the client each year. Client isn't fussy about exact color matching from job to job, but deserves nicer crisp edges.

Any tips/advice would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• Bi-Directional.jpg
    Bi-Directional.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 376
  • Uni-Directional.jpg
    Uni-Directional.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 261
  • Nozzle Test.jpg
    Nozzle Test.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 270
  • Fill Test.jpg
    Fill Test.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 283
  • Fill Test 2.jpg
    Fill Test 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 291
  • Fill Test 3.jpg
    Fill Test 3.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 270

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The second picture looks like it was from before the bi-directional alignment. The others look like over spray which is usually a sign that the head is failing. You should soak the head to see if that helps with the deflecting nozzle sin your test print. Sometimes that can do the trick quite nicely. Last resort would be flushing the head manually. Sometimes it can also be a static issue. Check your humidity and temp in the room to make sure you are in spec. Other than that, clean everything really well but be prepared to need a new head.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Excellent how to video! But don't forget to remove the clip on the drain line when turning the printer back on.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
The second picture looks like it was from before the bi-directional alignment. The others look like over spray which is usually a sign that the head is failing. You should soak the head to see if that helps with the deflecting nozzle sin your test print. Sometimes that can do the trick quite nicely. Last resort would be flushing the head manually. Sometimes it can also be a static issue. Check your humidity and temp in the room to make sure you are in spec. Other than that, clean everything really well but be prepared to need a new head.

Thank you Solventinkjet. I will try the head soak today.

I've noticed some slight over spray lately, and have accepted that it's probably time for a new head.