• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-i vs VP

blackicefx

What is the difference between the VersaCamm SP-i and VP? From what I can tell, the SP-i now has the Intelligent Pass Control that the VP has and is also now 50% faster than the standard SP which again, the VP is. Sooooo... is the SP-i basically a VP? The pricing seems to be pretty close and the specs seem identical. Why would someone buy one over the other?

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

Andrew O

Merchant Member
ProColorGraphics is correct. While the new SPi shares most of the mechanical components of the current VPi, it has only two heads. Although it is not double the speed, the VPi is quite a bit more productive than the SPi. It really comes down to what your production needs are. The capabilities and applications are the same.

grafixemporium

Also, I believe the VP comes with a 2 year warranty and the SP only has 1. I was faced with the exact same decision 2 years ago and I chose to go with the VP. You will thank yourself in the end on way or another. The increase speed alone is well worth it.

mac_man_luke

one advantage of the VP is you will never have to worry about contamination because each head is a colour rather than 2 colours per head

GTSTech_1

Another difference between the SP and VP model is the dot size the head is laying down. SP lays down a smaller dot vs the VP. The larger dot the VP is laying down gives you the increase in speed. IMO the sp prints a better image vs the VP.

My $.02