• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 and Windows 7

w2csa

Is anybody running a SP300 with Windows 7?
I did some searching and found that Roland suggested that it may be possible to run a different Roland driver (That was Win 7 supported).
Wasatch has a upgrade for my Softrip from XP to Win7, I would really like to get off my old XP machine as it is starting to do some weird things.
Thanks

w2csa

It appears that the versaworks without a dongle wont work but I did find out that an upgrade of Wasatch should work since it doesn't use the windows driver.
Rep is stopping by next week with it on a laptop to try it out....meanwhile the old XP limps along.

pete2803

convert SP300 to a V

Send me your email address and I'll send you the instructions to convert to a V then you

Jim Hill

SP-300 questions

I have to replace one head on my SP-300 and I would also like to convert it to a V since I am still using XP for the operating system.

For me ColorRip has worked great but I really want to stop using XP and start using OS-7

Once I convert my printer into a V do I need to purchase VersaWorks New or can I use a copy?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jim

w2csa

I am still trying to fid where to download Versaworks from the Roland site.
I'm hoping for time tomorrow.
Does Versaworks not use a windows driver?

D-Nice Customs

Hello all I recently purchased a SP300V and was told that it can only run off xp or 2000 since the USB support won't work on new versions. Now I have been running Windows XP thru a Virtual PC on my windows 7 computer running Vista and my machine has been working properly as far as I know.

But am I understanding this thread correctly that a sp300v can run on windows 7? I have a versa works CD but not the dongle is there a difference in getting this to work?

pete2803

Hi, your 300V will run on Windows 7 using versaworks you don't need a dongle, just install versaworks open it and add your printer, I converted my SP300 to a V so I could run it off 7 using versaworks it's works perfectly.

Jim Hill

Pete 2803

Pete did you convert your SP-300 to a V yourself or have a tech do it?

I would also like to convert my SP-300 and would like to find someone to do it for me.

I don't want to screw my printer because it works perfectly every time.

Thanks Jim

pete2803

Jim, I did it myself took about 10 minutes it's not difficult with easy to follow instructions, a tech will charge you big bucks $$$$, if you make a note of original settings before you change them you can always put it back as was

Jim Hill

Thanks Pete

One question is where can I find the instructions for changing the settings?

Once I change the settings I will try and find a copy of VersaWorks software to use.

Thanks Jim