• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 double-cutting??

bossman

Hi everyone!

Over the past couple of days, my SP300 has started arbitrarily double-cutting all cut lines. I've checked my art files - my cut paths are single and fine. I'm ruining a ton of laminated prints!:covereyes:

The only difference is that I recently upgraded to CS4. All artwork is made there then taken into ColorRIP (not the best, I know but can't justify a grand for versaworks right now.)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

bossman

1. No transparencies or effects of any kind.

2. We purchased the SP used about 3 years ago - ColorRip is what was given to us. We weren't even made aware that Versaworks existed.

Jim Doggett

Are you certain (view wireframe) that the lines are strokes and not really fine vectors? I'm sure you have, as you stated. But that would seem the culprit. If not, software and firmware updates/reloads is probably the only other fix ... that would at least return the printer to default settings, if by chance a double-cut feature was enabled. (ditto on software if you whack and then reinstall)

Best,

Jim

leerob

There was a tech note back when the Adobe Creative Suites first came out that said when you work in CS you need to set the file to high resolution under the transparency tab in the document setting.

luggnut

if this is a print and contour graphic with illustrator effects (like Drop shadow) or other rasters and if you are having to export as a EPS... when the options come up.. transparency has a setting preset, click custom and there is a check box for convert strokes to outlines that is on by default... click it off and your cut path stroke will only cut once.

with the box checked it makes the stroke 2 outlines and cuts both