• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 Drain tube plugged

cheryld

First I thought my print head was plugged but after following your directions to clean the print head found 1 drain tube plugged. I clean it out as far up as the purge motor but don't know how much farther it is plugged. From the looks of the red ink inside it has been for more then 1 day. Do you have any directions for removing the drain tubes from around the motor so I can clean them?

advsign22

The drain tube removal should be simple.

It has been a few years since I replaced the pump on the SP-300 that I had, but it was pretty simple doing that.

How long has it been since your pump was replaced? Just asking to see if maybe you have a problem with the pump. Seems like a large tube plugging maybe odd with a pump that works correctly.

Ken

bossdg

Did Roland upgrade your pumps? If not it could be a pump problem. Check with your dealer and if the pumps have not been upgraded ask to have them upgraded no charge. Good luck.

cheryld

After much investigation I have a hole in the tube in the pump assembly. I have placed several calls and find this has been a problem and Roland resigned the pump because of it. I ordered the new pump along with the maintenance kit as long as my machine is tore apart. But I am very discussed that if Roland knew there was a problem with this pump design and that they were going to fail eventually that they didn't do a recall or replace all those pumps. VERY DISCUSSED because it is a mess with ink everywhere and I am down with jobs overdue as promised. Also guess I thought in these tough economic times, it would have been wise for the company that sold me the machine to advise me of the problem before it happened and get the parts sales, as it is I ordered from the one I could get parts from right away. Although I have been told that I am luck it didn't leak on the carpet and that it lasted this long. I did ask them to replace it but as long as it is out of warranty it is my bill.

GSGservice

The original SP and other models had a pump that would fail at about 25,000 cycles. If you got the new pump and pump kit you will need to upgrade the firmware and change some system switches in service mode. Roland has a program in place about 2 years ago switching out pumps if they failed at during that time. But the pumps were never recalled, but there is an upgrade path to the newer style pump. If you have the machine under warranty your dealer should come out and replace them at no charge but there is no way to know when a pump will fail it depends on how much you run the pumps. I have seen them last up to 40,000 cycles