Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sp300 encoder strip flip over

Discussion in 'Roland' started by technowolf, Apr 28, 2011.

1. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Hi
    I have cleaned the encoder strip multiple time and know notice that it is damage, I would like to flip it over, waiting for new one. How do i move the head to acces the screw, without dryup of head???

Tags:
  2. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Service Manual.

Are you having the 0.0 or pinch roller error?

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi

Enter in the cleaning menu. Cleaning Button + Power on. The printing carriage will move in to the right side. After that, you will unplug the printer. Simple.
    If you move fast, maximum 20 minutes(you don't need too much time to flip the encoder strip), it will be just fine. Is no danger for the print-heads to dry up.

4. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    no always the same kinda lines, after cleaning it is usualy fine but i did a bad move and scratch of a couple of line in the strip, so i would like to turn it over, but what mode should i put it in so i can take my time to punch new holes clean it without head drying

5. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Apr 7, 2011
    When the printer is shut down(Power OFF), press Cleaning Button + Enter Button in the same time. The printer will tell you what to do and you will gain access to that screw. After the print-head is in the right side of the printer, just unplug it. You will have all the time you want. 20 minutes are enough to do the move.
    Good luck!

6. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    ok what can i use to punch new holes?

7. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    OK flip the encoder strip, now do need to do something before printing?

8. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi

No, I think this will be just fine until the new encoder strip will come. How much have you paid for it?

9. brentriley

brentriley New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Encoder Strip

Ihave a Roland sp-300 that i think i need a new encoder strip where can i pick one of these up?