• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300 head height (head carrier)

vinylcutgraphics

Hi all,

I have a second user Sp300v that I bought - It was either going to end up as spares or repair.

Mostly it has turned out OK, but it has some overspray on the black ink. The previous owner claimed to have had the heads changed by an engineer (which I do not believe). The screws on the head carriage have been removed, a couple are missing, but one thing is for certain - the head carrier has been taken out, therefore completely throwing out the head height/aligment which we know is non-adjustable on a sp300v.
It may be that the head height is too low to one side, my eye says the head carrier is not level.

Does anybody know what the height of the head carrier should be or a procedure to check, or would anyone be able to measure it on a serviced machine? I guess I would need some shims to check the measurement is equal at each corner.

Many Thanks

Will

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've never adjusted it on that machine but in general Epson heads are designed to work best at 2mm from the platen. That means the actual nozzle surface of the heads would be 2mm over the platen not the carriage base.

Ragnabrok

It's 2.2mm on a pro3 for low head height, which should be the same as an sp-300. I bought a plate of aluminum at as close to 2.2mm as i could get from a local metal shop. loosen the allen bolts holding the head carriage to the linear bearings, drop the heads on to the metal plate and tighten. I had the advantage of it being a pro3, so i could raise it to high to get the plate out without dragging the heads across it.