• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300 help

Pheck

I have a sp300 that is giving me an error code of 0105. I had the only Roland technician that is local come out and he said I needed a new slide rail and bearings. Charged me $95 for 15 minutes and said it cost a lot to replace that he will send me a estimate. He also said he can't tell if there are any other problems until he replaces that.
Any ideas of what I might be able to try my self.
Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Run the limit position adjustment. That error means the tool carriage is not connecting with the head carriage properly and has nothing to do with the guide rail or bearings. The limit position adjustment can be found on page 124 in the tech manual PDF. The page number at the bottom of that page will be 4-28. Watch the printer when it tries to connect the tool carriage to the head carriage and note when the error appears. This will help troubleshooting.

Pheck

Run the limit position adjustment. That error means the tool carriage is not connecting with the head carriage properly and has nothing to do with the guide rail or bearings. The limit position adjustment can be found on page 124 in the tech manual PDF. The page number at the bottom of that page will be 4-28. Watch the printer when it tries to connect the tool carriage to the head carriage and note when the error appears. This will help troubleshooting.

I run the limit initialization and the caps align with the head. The machine performs the limit setup routine fine. When I try to do the linear encoder, the linear calibration, or try a test print, the cutter carriage moves left, goes back right and unlocks the printer carriage, slowly moves left about 1/2" past the lock position and then throws the 105 code. Any other suggestions ?

Thanks