• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300, Moved to different Location and now no ink

sid-fmx

Hi, We have moved to a different location just down the street and after the move there is no CY Black ink? Any ideas

Thanks

rgaskins

Hi, I was told to always remove the ink when the printer is moved...Tech guy here said something about the ink draining out...Maybe someone else knows more on this...

chopper

you more than likely lost the prime on your machine,
what you need to do is get a syringe, take the needle off
remove the maintenance cover where the printer parks the head, then remove the metal cover over the pump ( three screws at the bottom through holes in front of plate) pull off the lines to the pump from the capping stations there are two lines that go to a Y move the lines one at a time at the Y put syringe on the line draw back slowly to re prime the heads, if you cannot get a prime
move the print heads over in the cleaning menu, and fill the capping stations with cleaning fluid, re-park the heads and pull on the syringe this should re-prime the heads of course you only need to do the one that is out.. the black and cyan are on the same head..
//chopper

sid-fmx

thanks guys, the ink did drain out, the cartridges are empty and were somewhat new ones. I see the drain bottle is full aswell. If I put new ink in will that drain aswell or should it be fine, is re-primeing still needed if it just drained out. Thanks again guys for your help!

chopper

put the new ink in and pull it to the heads with the syringe,
as long as your machine is fairly level you should be good to go once you get
the in to the heads, you may be able to allow the pump to pull it through the lines also but I always do by hand much easier for me anyway..
//chopper

Jack Knight1979

make sure your captop aren't shot. if they are they have swelled and are touching the heads. when they touch the heads with pull the ink and you empty your carts.

sid-fmx

Today I first checked the caps and looked ok. Put in new ink in it and primed it. Now its printing better then before, actually much better. Very rich prints and colors seem more accurate. Not complaining at all but not sure why. Again, thank you everyone for your help

chopper

make sure your captop aren't shot. if they are they have swelled and are touching the heads. when they touch the heads with pull the ink and you empty your carts.

I don't understand what was said here?
the capping stations have to touch the heads when parked or your heads will dry up........

glad to hear you got it up and running
//chopper

sid-fmx

I knew it was to good to be true, these great prints are scratching off now for some reason. Im using the Orcal 3651 vinyl with the preset grey glue vinyl profile. any ideas? Thanks again

Edit: greys are looking redish now aswell

Last edited:

strypguy

Had this problem myself. If you manually cap you heads to soak etc. make sure you turn the machine back on so the cap tops/ heads can be correctly aligned. I capped them manually and left them, obviously too tight, and it drained all my ink.:Oops:.
Could have also been swollen cap tops and that caused the problem when I manually set them they touched the heads and drained the ink.

John