• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 not reading material width

cayannie

Our Roland SP-300 has decided it cannot read the material width (it shows up as 0.0), but it does not provide any error codes. We have the service manual, as well as a call into our Rep., but no info so far.
Can anyone tell me if there is _supposed_ to be a red light on on the linear control board? I am leaning towards that being the trouble, but wondering if anyone else has any insight?
Thanks!

ballgame

You need a new cut carriage cable which is about $22. You also need two plastic guides that are about $6 each and an hour of your time.

cayannie

That has already been replaced before this. It generates a pinch roll error when bad, which is not the same as what I am seeing. Remember, I have the service manual & have already checked it for info. :)
This is not the cable. It is either one of the sensor boards or something else. I was hoping someone else has seen this or can at least check their own SP300 to see if there should be a red light always on on the linear control board. Thanks though!

nesscoben

you also need to replace the cut carriage board, which is about 70$ plus freight. no pinch roll reading, its the cut board first. then try linear encoder sensor last. thats 115$ plus freight.

Its the flaked coating powder that kills the boards from the data cable slapping back a forth. you can get a few weeks or more scrubbing the board with a dry toothbrush. good luck

cayannie

Thanks, we'll try that to see if we can get her up & running til the new board gets here. Much appreciated!

ballgame

Yes, the linear control board should have a red light but i am a little confused. What part does the linear control board play during setup?

cayannie

Nothing, but if we are already waiting on part replacements from Roland, I wanted to make sure it also was not a possible issue so I can wait for all parts at the same time. ;)
Turns out it was the carriage control board. Replaced & back to work again. Thanks to everyone who replied! Always appreciated!

amin

dear sir,

i need your help , i have the roland sp300v and i have the service call 104

can you send me the service manual?

please

amin