• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 Onyx

noregrets

Does anybody run an SP300 on Onyx?

I have just purchased this RIP and for some reason cannot get the two to talk to each other.

The RIP is on a Windows 7 64bit machine

Bly

Have you set the IP address in the printer and used the same in Onyx config?

noregrets

Thanks Bly,

Yeah I scanned their website and they have little to no support for windows 7, 32 or 64.

I have the printer running successfully from the driver on a 32 bit machine with windows 7, and installed Onyx on this machine too, but got the same results (or lack of results) as the case may be.....

Have tried with suppliers, but you know how it goes - one blames the printer and one blames the rip (both bought from different suppliers)

noregrets

Solution (Kind of) :)

Just thought I would post my solution in case anyone else ends up in my position.....

So, what I ended up doing was upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate and by running an XP Mode virtual PC I can talk to the Roland, so I can print on the GS through ultimate and then cut/print on the roland through the Virtual PC.

Not the greatest solution in the world, but works for now...... until I get my new cutter!

Thanks for all your suggestions people :U Rock: