• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 Print Head Serious Problem Please Help :-(

artbot

awesome diagnosis sfr table hockey. that printer could have been busted for months. i'm gonna remember that one.

sfr table hockey

I think it is similar to the issue I was having. Its not the print head or the print head cables because you switched them at the carriage board. The issue on my printer was actually the cables from the main board to the carriage board. My printer has 3. It looks like you printer has 2. If they are the same, try swaping them(MAKE SURE YOU SWAP ON BOTH ENDS NOT JUST ONE END LIKE THE HEADS). Just a warning, It is a pain on the VP540 because you have to take some of the top of the machine apart and they are a pain to handle. That being said, it is a free solution that you can try before replacing parts. In my case, that turned out to be the issue. Switch the ribbon cables from the head back now that you know they are fine. Good Luck.

I think nwebee can take the credit too as the idea to check the other cables was theirs. That's whats so good about this site is the input as a whole working together.