• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 Print History Report

DiS

Guys, need your guided help.

You may have read my other thread on Buying my Sp300V!! - Having paid for a 22month old SP300v machine I recived an older Sp300 machine converted to V via Dip switch mod.

Dump shows Power on time as 1,076 and sleep time as 36,872 hours this seems to suggest the machine is 4.33 years in production.

Discussions with dealer tell me otherwise, they suggest from Roland sales information machine was installed new 24 months ago and the print report is wrong...

Another dealer tells me this is incorrect as report usually shows a true record, can any one advise me on the print report details usually being correct or not before I move this issue to a formal level??

Nothing but issues!!

Tnx

DiS

InkjetAuction

Thoughts on print history

Certainly unusual... if they were trying to pull one over on you I would think that they would "adjust" the history look like a new machine...not an old machine.

Is it possible that the mainboard was replaced with a used board from another machine... and not zero'd out first?

It's not a bad thing to reuse mainboards, but the proper way do this would be to use a service tool to move the settings and history from the old mainboard to the new mainboard... but that's assuming that you can connect to the board you are replacing. Or perhaps they would have a saved "settings" file to import.

It's a total pain in the butt to replace a main board that is fried... if you don't have settings saved from the original board. Specifically, head ranks will need to be entered into the new board... and you may have to remove the heads to see the head rank stickers. You also have to redo all of the calibrations and default settings. This can take hours depending on the machine.

Anyway, I have found Roland DGA's service records/serial # registry to be very accurate. They definately know when a printer was manuactured, which dealer it was sold to. They may not know who the end user was, as MANY users do not register their machines.

Oh... and I hardly ever trust a Print history unless I've been the sole technician, or unless I know the other technicians that have worked on the machine. All too often, technicians forget to "reset" counters on replaced motors, and shot counts on replaced heads, etc.

...for what it's worth

~E