• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 print stopped due to empty ink. Do you think i can continue the print after 15h

zm71

Hi. So i didn´t have any yellow here at my shop. I have 1 inch left to print(!!). Do you think i can leave the machine on over night and continue the printing tomorrow or do i need to shut it down and re-print it all?

Its beeping and calling for new ink. I usually always change on the go. But i missed to have one backup on the yellow and now the stores are closed.

What do you Roland pros think? Shut it down and reprint it all or leave it on for about 15h and then continue the print?

Thanks.

ROLAND SP300.

phototec

Well, I think it depends on what you are printing (coverage), not being able to see your graphic, to determine if a stop/start line (difference) will be noticed, or the size of the whole project (you would have to re-print), I can only suggest to wait for the ink and continue on, only needing 1" to complete the job.

Now, after you finish the 1" of printing and complete the job and it looks bad, then you have to reprint.

Is the print head seated on the capping station? If NOT, then I would not wait 15 hours, the head would dry out!

phototec

Also, I hope you learned a lesson here, ALWAYS have a complete set of extra ink on hand so you don't have this problem again. Order two Yellow ink carts NOW!!

:banghead:

zm71

The heads are capped! And i will leave it on... gah, that beeping sound tho. Do not like that. Will order two sets yellow :thumb:
:Oops:

zm71

update, maybe this will help somebody: the vinyl vas super curled the day after, so i had to reprint it all to avoid head strikes.