• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300 v print problem

D&D Graphx

D&D Graphx Modesto, CA
Every morning I have a hard time getting my printer to show me the vinyl size. I need to reset it 20-30 times ones I get it to work it last most of the day. It has a hard time finding registration marks also. I will work most of the time. I remember 2 years ago changing the long flat cable that goes front one side of the printer to the other then wraps around and connects to the cut head.

My question is I cant find the parts for it. Roland charges to much I got it for like 50.00 but cant find it again.

Please any help would be great.

Mosh

Take a swab and clean the optic eye. Seciouly, that is all it is. Been there, done that! Tech must just want to be selling you parts you don't need!
AND just move the pich rollers a bit, It will read, mine does the same, I just move one of the rollers 1/32 of an inch and there it goes. My machine is 7 years old and I just go with the flow, it are lod and fussy! Darn good print still!

TresL

The eye doesn't do anything when finding vinyl size. Encoder strip...

Search here for encoder strip or Roland 0.0 error.

strypguy

When I had that problem my fix was the cut carriage cable. The one you said you replaced two years ago.

John

InkjetAuction

Cut Carriage Cable

It's the cut carriage cable. I find that the typical life span is about 2 yrs on the SP-300(v) series. The lifespan can be much shorter if the cable guides stick in the upper track causing the cable to "folds over" on itself. (Last year I replaced 20+ on SP units)

The cut carriage cable (connects the cutting carriage to the main board) carries a couple of signals...

1. to the pen/cut solenoid
  2. from the cropmark sensor (for print/lam/cut registration)
  3. from the pinchwheel sensor
For some reason, it seems that the data from the crop mark sensor seems to be affected first, but I have also seen the problem propagate as contour knife "chatter".

Less than $50 in parts and less than an hour to replace. Have the tech add a strip of HDPE tape on the bottom of the upper track to cut down on friction. You can also use Teflon dry-film lubricant.

Good Luck.

~E