• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300-v

WOODBS

My pc is not recognizing my sp300, is there a fuse somewhere to check? We had a lightning storm..We tried different cords, different computers...printer comes on, but no connection to computer..any help

kffernandez

this happened to my SC-540. network board got fried after lightning hit a nearby tree.

the ground or some residual shock found its way through my router [probably through my dsl modem], and silently fried the network cards of all equipment connected to said router. pc network board/printer board/modem/router all had to be replaced. my SC-540 network board set me back about $1k.

i don't have an sp300, but i bet the pc/printer connection board is the culprit here.

macmedia

You may have a fried USB port. We may be able to repair it - but you may have to give it some time. We are usually repairing print-related issues with the Versacamm main boards but have mixed results replacing the USB IC chip. It's a lot cheaper to try this than to buy a replacement board (which we also should have in-stock).

Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
www.macmedia.com

Gabriel

Hi,

Hmmm...Check out the cable. Was the printer plugged in when the storm was taking place?

Last edited:

DRamm76

Definitley looks like a board was fried along somewhere. Do you have it on a battery backup or any kind of surge protection device? If the printer was plugged in when it happened then I'm pretty sure that's the case. if it's under warranty or a service contract you should be able to get this replaced fairly easily.