• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V - buying new printhead

wwpro

Hi there

While we're waiting for our 1st kid I'd like to get everything in the shop to be ready to open once the baby is born, and that includes to replace the C-K printhead on my SP300V

I'm going to order the printhead anyway, but while it gets here I'd like to try to work on the one giving me problems, and one issue I have is I can see the capping station doesn't seal properly while the printer is printing, it does seal when the printhead parks there or when the printer is off. It might be due to the fact I lost one spring the first time I was replacing a cap top, had no idea they'd fly like that :)
I replaced that spring with a similar one I found in my small parts bin, but I'm sure it's not exactly the same, at least not the same pressure and that's messing things up.

My questions now :

1 - Would these springs work fine ? I'd replace them all with the same kind to be consistent. http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-pcs-Steel-Spring-capping-station-/160847448768

2 - Can someone send me a Service Manual to help me replace the printhead, there are no Roland techs here, so I need to learn how to take care of my printer myself.

3 - Once the "bad" printhead is out, is there a way to try to "bring it back to life"? At least as a spare part when another one goes out. I have an ultrasonic cleaner if that helps.

4 - The printhead I'll be buying says it comes with a Head Rank .... does that means is to be used only with C-K or I can change the rank using the printer's menu?

Thanks a lot for any help you might offer

take care

ScotBurns

Service manual

I am replacing the printhead on my sp300v and was wondering if anybody could send me the service manual as I was going to do it myself to keep the cost down. If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it?