• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300v color problem

apex

my colors are printing with white spots not solid colors not even the blacks sometimes. you can even see some banding in the red which bands on all colors. even my blacks are spotty and bandish.

but if you look at the text that says color chart type 1 and below it is all perfectly color black. no banding and no spots, same thing with the black line boarder and crop mark.

i am using versaworks

anyone have any ideas on what to do thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2329-1.jpg
    IMG_2329-1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 87

apex

orcal and roland eco solvant max

the bottom of test print looks blurry but thats only because of the camera, the print looks perfect to me in person

Attachments

• IMG_2330-1.jpg
    IMG_2330-1.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 94

CS-SignSupply

Ok. Looks perfect. Next...

What profile and settings are you using in VW?

Media Type:
Print Quality:
Color Management Preset:
Heater Settings:

apex

Media Type: downloaded orcal media type also i tried with generic vinyl
Print Quality: always standard or high quality
Color Management Preset: not sure what this means but i have +5 saturation
Heater Settings: print 37 dryer 45 machine handled not software

CS-SignSupply

Try the following...

Set media type to GVWG
Set Quality to Standard

At the bottom of the same Quality Settings Screen, set the Color Management Preset to: MAX Impact or try MAX Density

Do you have all colors in the Color Adjustment settings to +5 ?

apex

ok i will try GVWG setting color adjustments i have been changing around trying to get a better print what should i try to keep it at?

apex

ahh awesome!! it printed soosoosoo much better!! solid true colors no slpots almost no banding!! thank you so very much!!
my question is if i change the media type to the exact vinyl i am using will it go back to printing messed up? i think the color management might have been whats screwed up!

YAYY THANK YOUU!!!

CS-SignSupply

If you print to the same material all of the time, go to EDIT>Queue Settings A or B (whichever you use) and set all of the settings I recommended here. Then save.

These settings will then be set as the DEFAULT for every job you put into that Queue, but can be changed per job.