• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V Contour Cutting Issue

FrankW

A friend of mine owns an old SP300V with a strange problem:

Cutting contour is way off (more than 1cm) on the right side of the print, but will be a millimeter only at the left side of the print. I have varried out ENV MATCH, have checked the adjustment values, have done a LIMIT INITIALIZE, nothing helps.

Before replacing the motors and encoders, does everyone an idea why the cut contour have such an uneven deviation?

rjssigns

I had a contour cut issue a while ago with my 540. Prints looked great but were skewed 10mm or more over a short distance which messed up contour cuts. If I recall correctly replacing the encoder board solved the issue.

FrankW

Thank you for your answers.

I haven't tried to do auto adjustment, I have tried to adjust manually in the service menu. But the deviation is more than the adjustable range. And the deviation is uneven, very different between left and right.

I agree that it could be something with the encoder. Difficult to find a way to repair that machine cost effective ... it is nearly 15 years old.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The encoder strip isn't too difficult or expensive (if I remember) to replace. I think before replacing mine I would clean it and wipe it down which seemed to help. Don't remember if that had anything to do with cutting, I think my problem was the printing getting off track

FrankW

The encoder strip isn't too difficult or expensive (if I remember) to replace. I think before replacing mine I would clean it and wipe it down which seemed to help. Don't remember if that had anything to do with cutting, I think my problem was the printing getting off track

The linear encoder have nothing to do with cutting, problems with the linear encoder will show up in printing. For cutting, the Encoder on top of the scan motor is responsible. ENV. MATCH calibrates both encoders together, but won't help in my case.

Think of suggesting this friend to cancel with that printer ;-) .