• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300v cutting issue

hailo

Hi:
I'm currently cutting some stickers with a white outline...clear not the color white. The stickers on the left hand side of the machine are off from the first ones on the right. The white outline gets smaller. I did an Environmental Match, Bidrectional Adj, and Print/Cut Adjustment....what else could I do?
Help!

wwpro

I'm new to all this, but pretty sure some of the guys would suggest you to clean/replace the enconder strip.

I have a SP300v too, but never had a chance to play with it yet, so no big help here

ova

Most times it's the encoder strip. Try cleaning it with alcohol only on a lint free cloth. Or you can use a big foam swab. Make sure the swab is always wet. Don't want to scratch the strip.

Second thing you could try is the Factory Default in the Menu. Scroll to the Factory Default, push enter. It only takes the printer a couple of seconds to perform this. After this is done, you'll have to reset all your settings, including cut force. This function sets everything back to 0.0.

Hope this helps.

Dave

hailo

Thanks everyone I'll try that. What seemed to have solved my problem is cutting first and then printing. Someone said that the heat from the print can cause it to be off a bit. Worked great after trying that!