• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V factory test print not 100% black?

geckophoto

So I have done a head soak to keep my heads from drying up while fixing my machine, SP300V, I noticed in the K/C cap it seemed to have a lot of C ink in it. I got my machine running again and the first nozzle check it seemed like the K nozzle was printing more like C, not a solid black color, running a few cleanings and more test prints it seems like it coming back to a solid black color.

I now just printed the test print with the color swatches thru Versaworks and the 100%K looks a bit cyan/faded light? On the gradation scale it looks fine until it gets to 100%K and there it has a cyan tint? How can this physically happen when only black ink line goes to the print head? Could have some cyan ink soaked up into the black print head and I am getting a color shift till it is printed/drained out?. I'm not talking color calibration when printing a file, this is the factor color test print I will post pics of it next, the nozzle check also shows the black head printing but it doesn't seem to be a solid black color?

I did take out the ribbon cables when replacing my encoder sensor and just put the ribbons back in the proper slots. Nozzle check looks fine. Any ideas?

geckophoto

Here are test file prints.

Attachments

• 4D3A4924-EC09-4F2A-BCB0-BE7A0A37A646.jpeg
    4D3A4924-EC09-4F2A-BCB0-BE7A0A37A646.jpeg
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 747
  • 797BAB0B-BB02-460D-A2C6-CC6D58311A0D.jpeg
    797BAB0B-BB02-460D-A2C6-CC6D58311A0D.jpeg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 250
  • E1398806-E8C3-4545-883E-DE0E1A68788C.jpeg
    E1398806-E8C3-4545-883E-DE0E1A68788C.jpeg
    812.4 KB · Views: 219

Glennora

That's happen to me. (same printer) Some cyan has back flowed into the head/damper/ink supply tube (depending on the amount of migration). Mine was Magenta in the yellow after a head soak. (Easier to see in test print) Cleaning cycles and printing all day didn't clear it up. I end up unhooking the exit hose below the cap at the Y before it goes into the pump and using a syringe to manually pull/prime the tainted ink through. "Wasted" 5-10 ml of ink, but was back to printing fine immediately. Hope this helps.

Jim Hill

Because the cleaning solution attacks the hoses and the rubber in a syringe I started used a brake bleeder that is normally used for bleeding brakes on a car.

I found this to work much better then using a syringe. The cleaning solution also attacks the hoses on the brake bleeder.

Jim

geckophoto

Thanks I'll try it and draw some black ink thru to manually flush it from the damper. But any idea why in my test print you can see the 100% K swatch going cyan when all the other K swatches are nice and gray/black? You can also see it at the end of the white to black gradation strip...

Glennora

The printer also "makes" black by using M,C & Y. (no need to use the B) This is similar to a RGB Black and mixing paint. You can get a nice black with paint by mixing all the primary colors together. I haven't actually mastered creating a print file where I can "force" the printer to use only the black cartridge. Hope this helps

Last edited: