• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300v issue

Turbophein

so i just bought my first printer. very nice sp300v, looks like new. i bought it yesterday, they did a test print and sample print for me everything was fine. loaded up and was on my way.

i got home late so i just put it in my garage and went to bed. the next afternoon i had some time so i turned it on, did a test print and now 85% of the lines are not showing.

i did 2 cleanings and 1 medium clean. it almost looks worst on the test prints now.

the previous owner told me to lightly dab the print heads with cleaning solution.

will these heads really dry out in 12 hours of not being plugged in?

thanks

sfr table hockey

As was said, yours should do a cleaning cycle as long as the main power is on and you just turn off the pannel power.

My old CJ converted sits for a week when I am gone and does not have a cleaning cycle, and when I get back I flush the drain lines and do one cleaning cycle and its ready to go. The odd time there is other issues but for the most part its not dried ink in the heads.

Make sure your drain lines are clear. Use cleaning fluid to force some through. Should be able to remove each line from the capping station and use a syringe with fluid and connect there.

I don't have that printer so I am not so sure on where to get at the capping station.

The temperature for these printers needs to be right as well. If the garage is cooler than 65 deg you may have issues. Not sure again of your units opperating temp but there is something to it. My print heads won't recharge with ink some times when the temp is too low.

Turbophein

As was said, yours should do a cleaning cycle as long as the main power is on and you just turn off the pannel power.

My old CJ converted sits for a week when I am gone and does not have a cleaning cycle, and when I get back I flush the drain lines and do one cleaning cycle and its ready to go. The odd time there is other issues but for the most part its not dried ink in the heads.

Make sure your drain lines are clear. Use cleaning fluid to force some through. Should be able to remove each line from the capping station and use a syringe with fluid and connect there.

I don't have that printer so I am not so sure on where to get at the capping station.

The temperature for these printers needs to be right as well. If the garage is cooler than 65 deg you may have issues. Not sure again of your units opperating temp but there is something to it. My print heads won't recharge with ink some times when the temp is too low.

the garage is not heated and it is cold in there... i wonder if that is my problem...

sfr table hockey

It might be the cold. What my printer does is it will print but once the head is out of ink it does not seem to recharge, even when the damper looks fine (about 1/2 full is normal). I would do a cleaning and it would fill the heads fine and print for a bit and drop out, once the head went dry. Once I brought the temp up above 65 F (in the printer menu) it recharged just fine.

Drain lines are a big thing to watch. If they get plugged then the heads can't recharge even on a cleaning cycle. Make sure you have cleaning solution on hand, you will use it every day.

Get the temp up in that garage if you can.

Even a radiant heater can warm the printer and not need to heat the whole garage.

Turbophein

ok so i went to a local roland dealer and talk to a rep. he told me this happened from transporting it with the ink in it still.

he told me to lightly clean the heads, and the o-rings on the caps, then to suck out 5-10ml of ink through the drain tube using a syringe. so i tried that and these were the results.

IMAG0799.jpg

red and yellow are back and the black and blue just about doubled, which still is not much.

i guess its worth pointing out i could not get any ink to come out of the drain. i tried directly at the pump also and still did not get any ink to come through, maybe a couple drops enough to get the syringe dirty.

also another issue. i did not get the versaworks cd with the printer, so i found version 2.4 online and downloaded it, but it is still not connecting with the printer. as soon as i open the program it asks me what port to find the printer, but does not recognize it. i installed the driver cd that came with the printer, not even sure if that installed right or not.

DRamm76

Before this gets any worse, I would suggest the following

A) getting the room up to room temperature at all times and perform routine Environmental Match Checks on the machine until you do so

B) Contact InkJetAuction on here and see if you get some advice and hook up with either him or someone in the area on getting a service tech (yes a service tech and yes it may cost you a few bucks) to come out and perform a Preventative Maintenance call on your machine.

Get it up to speed the right way before it costs you more money in the long run.