• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300v life span?

393comp

I purchased a lightly used sp-300v. The original owner didn't do anything with it. It was used only mabey 20 hours. It had been left unplugged so we had to flush the heads and buy new caps. I'm guessing the machine is 3-4 years old. I paid 7000.00 for it. I have used it for about 2 months and it's the perfect size for what we do. I would say it has more than paid for half of it's self already.

My question is how long do I keep this 4 year old machine. What is the life expectancy? How long will it hold it's value? If I keep it for 2 years how much will it be worth?

I'm just trying to think ahead. It has worked out for me better than it was planned. I'm just wondering how old is to old for this equipment?

Just trying to think ahead.

Thanks.:thankyou:

nutrends

I can't say how much it will be worth in a couple years or anything, but I got the sp-300 when it first came out (I think it was 2004) and I loved the machine! Only traded it in a few months ago for a xc-540. Ironically the sp-300 had better print quality than my 540! Loved that machine and was sad to let it go.

run it into the ground! there great little work horses! i've never owned one myself but i know of several other people who have them and use them all day long.
when you need to upgrade your printer for maybe something larger or newer tech, keep this one and use it as a backup machine.

Mike_Koval

The machines were work horses. im with rusworks, run it until it dies. As long as you do your routine maintenance on these printers, they will keep you happy.

I still have plenty of customers running this like they just got it yesterday