• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300v. Magenta ink going up the yellow ink line

Hi all
I did a head soak last night by clamping the capping station hoses off and filled the caps with cleaning solution and left it till this afternoon and I found the magenta ink had gone up the yellow ink line I did several power cleans and the yellow ink came back ,has anyone have an idea what I should look for to solve this ?
John

jfiscus

Rap Master
That's what happens when you don't allow the lines to drain correctly into the waste bottle. (if you had a clogged hose) Run some big squares of only cyan and magenta until the mixed ink is flushed out of the lines. A head soak can't be left sitting for that long on this type of machine as the heads "Y" together in the capping station. Alternately, if you have a syringe; you can connect it to the drain line and suck the bad/mixed ink through when the heads are parked.

That's what happens when you don't allow the lines to drain correctly into the waste bottle. (if you had a clogged hose) Run some big squares of only cyan and magenta until the mixed ink is flushed out of the lines. A head soak can't be left sitting for that long on this type of machine as the heads "Y" together in the capping station. Alternately, if you have a syringe; you can connect it to the drain line and suck the bad/mixed ink through when the heads are parked.

Thanks for your help, Ill just do the soak over a short time next time and keep an eye on it
Cheers

GP_Oz

Verify ink carts also...
One case i saw xj640 was an empty cart that failed to trigger and ended up pulling ink from waste line back up into the head.
Cut open the cart and found purple inside.

splizaat

Used to happen to ours all the time....easy fix. Just run some 28" x 6" bands of 100% yellow and it'll clear it out.