• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300V not connected

Turbophein

so i started a versaworks update this morning at 9:30, by 12:15 the download was only 60% complete. my printer can't be down this long, i figured maybe 10-20min tops. so i canceled it. now the printer is not connected, no matter what i try. i restarted everything to no avail.

when i pull the usb cable in and out the cpu recognizes but says the usb bus drivers have malfunctioned...

i am not sure if has something to do with the update i didn't finish, but i restarted the update just now and i am crossing my fingers that i don't need a new mother board...

any advice???

splizaat

Did U turn the main power switch off on the printer/unplug power...restart computer? Fire everything back up?? Ours shows not connected from time to time and we have to restart the computer and power down the printer.

If it is missing the USB drivers, uninstall versaworks and reinstall it. You can't possibly be that busy if your only machine is an sp300v...

splizaat

Because if you were so busy that you didn't have time to reinstall versaworks, you'd more than likely be running a 54" or bigger printer. Take the time to reinstall versaworks and get the printer working properly....instead of 3 hours to diagnose, eventually having to reinstall anyways.

Turbophein

my 300 works all day and does what i need it to do. space is the real issue for the 54. i work in a small room at the moment. at least 4 sheets need to be print and cut today along with 2 10ft banners.

i think the software is definitely my issue at this point, the update is still installing almost done right now then i will go from there.

Turbophein

ethernet cable, my computer hasn't been cleaned up in over a year and i have a ton of corel files now. i just looked and i only have 300gb left out of 1tb. i only use this cpu for designing and work related research like this.

Turbophein

also i don't shut my cpu down or restart for 2-3 months at a time, versaworks is showing 249 updates that are being done!

Turbophein

still no worky! anyone have a link to the newest versaworks download? my printer didn't come with a cd and my tech guy installed it last time.

splizaat

Turbo -- in Versaworks goto Preferences > Roland @NET tab and chnage settings to "check for updates every launch" (so it forces it this time), and then select "for this printer and ink type only" then close VW and reopen it. It'll download em all again from roland.

Turbophein

wow only if you could hear the sweet sound of my sp300v!!! it never sounded so good!!! lol

its printing again, i have said it ince and will say it again i love this forum!!!

thanks SPLIZAAT you were a life saver today!

now to pull an all nighter....

p.s. $3-4000 off the vs-series printers! tempting.

Last edited:

rjssigns

DO NOT USE AUTO UPDATE ANYMORE.

I have the 54" counterpart to your printer. We had nothing but issues with auto update. Our tech said the printer is no longer supported. All we were doing is wasting time and filling disc space with useless information that has nothing whatsoever to do with our printers. So we shut it off and life has been good since then. No crashes, no print errors etc...

He is a Roland certified tech BTW.