Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sp300V not connected

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Turbophein, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    so i started a versaworks update this morning at 9:30, by 12:15 the download was only 60% complete. my printer can't be down this long, i figured maybe 10-20min tops. so i canceled it. now the printer is not connected, no matter what i try. i restarted everything to no avail.

when i pull the usb cable in and out the cpu recognizes but says the usb bus drivers have malfunctioned...

i am not sure if has something to do with the update i didn't finish, but i restarted the update just now and i am crossing my fingers that i don't need a new mother board...

any advice???

Tags:
  2. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Did U turn the main power switch off on the printer/unplug power...restart computer? Fire everything back up?? Ours shows not connected from time to time and we have to restart the computer and power down the printer.

If it is missing the USB drivers, uninstall versaworks and reinstall it. You can't possibly be that busy if your only machine is an sp300v...

3. Farmboy

Farmboy Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Auburn, NY
    Why?

4. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Because if you were so busy that you didn't have time to reinstall versaworks, you'd more than likely be running a 54" or bigger printer. Take the time to reinstall versaworks and get the printer working properly....instead of 3 hours to diagnose, eventually having to reinstall anyways.

5. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    my 300 works all day and does what i need it to do. space is the real issue for the 54. i work in a small room at the moment. at least 4 sheets need to be print and cut today along with 2 10ft banners.

i think the software is definitely my issue at this point, the update is still installing almost done right now then i will go from there.

6. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    What kind of connection do you guys have? Ours updated to 4.7.1 last night in 15 minutes.

7. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    ethernet cable, my computer hasn't been cleaned up in over a year and i have a ton of corel files now. i just looked and i only have 300gb left out of 1tb. i only use this cpu for designing and work related research like this.

8. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    also i don't shut my cpu down or restart for 2-3 months at a time, versaworks is showing 249 updates that are being done!

9. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    holy....moly.

10. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    still no worky! anyone have a link to the newest versaworks download? my printer didn't come with a cd and my tech guy installed it last time.

11. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    nevermind, i guess he gave me a copy. i just found versaworks 4.1 and the versacamm usb driver 3.0

12. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    i THINK if you install versaworks first, it includes the driver.

13. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    all is good except my print profiles... ughh! ther is only maybe 15 profiles loaded. nothing for banners either

14. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    a bit late now, but when in doubt, always update AFTER printing for the day :thumb:

15. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Turbo -- in Versaworks goto Preferences > Roland @NET tab and chnage settings to "check for updates every launch" (so it forces it this time), and then select "for this printer and ink type only" then close VW and reopen it. It'll download em all again from roland.

16. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    oh great more updates! i'm going to get some popcorn! lol thanks hopefully this does it!

17. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    wow only if you could hear the sweet sound of my sp300v!!! it never sounded so good!!! lol

its printing again, i have said it ince and will say it again i love this forum!!!

thanks SPLIZAAT you were a life saver today!

now to pull an all nighter....

p.s. $3-4000 off the vs-series printers! tempting.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  18. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    DO NOT USE AUTO UPDATE ANYMORE.

I have the 54" counterpart to your printer. We had nothing but issues with auto update. Our tech said the printer is no longer supported. All we were doing is wasting time and filling disc space with useless information that has nothing whatsoever to do with our printers. So we shut it off and life has been good since then. No crashes, no print errors etc...

He is a Roland certified tech BTW.

19. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Buy a used XC540 for the same price...you can thank me later.

20. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    i started doing some research on my next printer, i have the cash just not the room right now. and i am not sure if i want metallics or not, i rarely get the request for it also.