• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300v not printing with Versaworks

jfk252

Have recently purchased SP300v privately and am in the process of setting it up myself, have succeeded in connecting Versaworks with the computer, and have successfully printed a test from the machine, I then tried a test print from Versaworks, it will RIP the file but doesnt get past 0% in status. its an old laptop running on vista, would appreciate any suggestions or solutions.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
These machines take their sweet time to warm up and do a cleaning before printing. Are you giving it a few minutes? Also, how long is the usb cable? Tried a different one yet?

Edit: I can't spell work a crap.

Bert Wondervan

Have recently purchased SP300v privately and am in the process of setting it up myself, have succeeded in connecting Versaworks with the computer, and have successfully printed a test from the machine, I then tried a test print from Versaworks, it will RIP the file but doesnt get past 0% in status. its an old laptop running on vista, would appreciate any suggestions or solutions.

Which version of Versaworks do you use?
Do you have internet connection?

jfk252

These machines take their sweet time to warm up and do a cleaning before printing. Are you giving it a few minutes? Also, how long is the usb cable? Tried a different one yet?

Edit: I can't spell work a crap.

Waited half an hour, but nothing happened, using cable that came with it which is short.about 2ft long, dont have another one.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
Waited half an hour, but nothing happened, using cable that came with it which is short.about 2ft long, dont have another one.

Yeah a half hour is more than long enough. You're sure Versaworks is set up correctly for the correct printer?

Is it a short USB cable? either way, I'd try a new cable.