• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V print head question>?

beachBumGraphics

Hello,

I am new to the form and new to the printer. I am bringing life to a very low hr printer. The old owner had to close due to health reasons. I have replaced the caps, cleaned the lines, replaced the dampers, wipers, pulled the heads and soaked them. There was some thick ink in the heads. I will be replacing the heads. My question is, can i pull/push fluid through the heads while they are on the bench? I have cleaned and soaked but i can not get ANY movement through the heads. I know they will have to be replaced so i want to learn with the old ones. I have been fixing and messing with printers/computers...anything for that matter. I am a avid DIYer. I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all! Thanks in advance for taking some time to learn about my crazy world! LOL

Jeff
BeachBumGraphics.com
PensacolaPartybus.com
:thankyou:

4R Graphics

yes you should be able to push fluid through the head with a syrienge. you have to give it a little pressure but not to much or you will damage the head.

Good luck with your new adventure.

artbot

they are pretty fragile. designed to have fluid pulled, not pushed through. pass the threshold of pressure and the will lock up forever. you might try using some NMP instead of a ketone. i used some NMP on a clogged head a while back (it was a blown head) and it unclogged very easily. the same head had been soaking in acetone/retarder for weeks.