• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V Printing issues after ink cart change

JellyFox

Hi all!

My problems mainly started after running out of black ink 2 weeks ago. I am using Triangle inks on my SP300V (cadet version)
The cartridge was replaced within 24hrs so I didn't think it would be a major problem. Until I switched it on and the head had dried up :banghead:.
So I started running prints and cleaning and soaking the head. I must mention that after replacing the black cart there were big splodges of black ink leaking whilst printing, mainly at the sides on the media clamps (this eventually just stopped)

After much cleaning and soaking the print quality and test print were back to normal. (I print everything in the high quality setting). The only thing not quite right was the crop marks. They were really banded and there was an overspray, like the nozzles were deflecting. I managed to print for a couple days but then the cyan cart ran out (I replaced it immediately). Then the cyan started to leak whilst printing (on the media clamps again) - the captop was flooded.

So, yesterday I replaced the black/cyan captop, emptied the waste bottle (which was fairly full), cleaned and soaked all the pipes connected to the pump (this was replaced around 8 months ago and is fully working) and gave everything a manual clean. It's printing reasonably well quality but still leaving a small splash of ink the media clamp. I've just looked at the head whilst printing and there is some ink bubbling slightly on the cyan side. The only thing I haven't done is replace the dampers, they sent the wrong ones I'm waiting for replacements and will change as soon as they come, I'm just not sure it will make a difference!

I've been following advice from my tech engineer, he's not available until next week. And I've been reading threads to try and work out what the cause of the problem is and how to sort it out. I would be grateful of some help before I have a nervous break down!

DizzyMarkus

I must mention that after replacing the black cart there were big splodges of black ink leaking whilst printing, mainly at the sides on the media clamps (this eventually just stopped)

OUCH I would say those "splodges" are head strikes on the media clamps--- least you better hope not saying it eventually stopped :0( High Quality dumps more ink as well. Any fibres on the heads hanging down?

JellyFox

No nothing on the heads, they were manually cleaned yesterday.

It's only dropping small splashes of ink whilst printing the crop marks now.
Should I try printing without media clamps to see if this is the cause?

- - - Updated - - -

No nothing on the heads, they were manually cleaned yesterday.

It's only dropping small splashes of ink whilst printing the crop marks now.
Should I try printing without media clamps to see if this is the cause?