• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300v problem with brand new heads

apex

just installed 2 new heads thinking that head 1 was totally screwed up. so now i run test prints and only 1 head prints the other head doesnt do anything, but i see that ink comes out when doing cleaning i have clear drain tubes. i feel as if its just not getting print info to tell the head to print maybe?
anyone can help with why red/yellow will not print and black/blue will

apex

ok idid some testing, i swapped thecables from head 1 to head 2 and now the head 2 prints but head 1 doesnt, then i randomly switched cables, it seels to me that the red/yellow head controller from the circuit board back is the problem.
is there any other ways to trouble shoot this? any way to get the heads printing again without having to replace the board

kffernandez

it could also be due to problematic cables.
but my gut tells me that you're right about the board being at fault. try searching the forum for fixing busted fuses. if you're lucky, that's all that you need to have replaced.

kelly

Gabriel

So, the B group is not working - Mg+Ye, right? You don't have to replace the board for that. Check out the fuse on the main board corresponding with that group. I can give you a PDF file with instructions.
VersaCAMM models use 2 fuses on the main board. A fuse for each print head. When a fuse is blown the head will not fire either ink color in the head.
SP-300 {V}
F3 fuse = black and cyan
F2 fuse = magenta and yellow
Watch it next time when you put the flat cables. Any wrong move will cause that to the fuses.
Hope that helps!