• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540 capping station

graphix

what causes a capping station to stay flooded my magenta stay flooded and contaminates the yellow i can swab the capping staion out it it test prints fine but then it fills up again what is going on and what are the fixes for this

thanks everyone..

chopper

O O O O I know,
it could be one of two things if your pump is ok which I believe it to be
since there is no problem with the black and the blue, it will be the tubes from the capping station to the pump may be plugged, if it isn't that tube check the tube to the drain tank, that just happened to me the other day and it ended up being the latter of the two, I use a syringe and pull the ink through the head and the capping station and I removed the drain tube and pulled denatured alcohol through it till it was clean, and then ran a head cleaning session on med did a test print and back to normal...
//chopper

graphix

O O O O I know,
it could be one of two things if your pump is ok which I believe it to be
since there is no problem with the black and the blue, it will be the tubes from the capping station to the pump may be plugged, if it isn't that tube check the tube to the drain tank, that just happened to me the other day and it ended up being the latter of the two, I use a syringe and pull the ink through the head and the capping station and I removed the drain tube and pulled denatured alcohol through it till it was clean, and then ran a head cleaning session on med did a test print and back to normal...
//chopper
ok i should take the clear plastic off,, well when you have time could you type the procedure thanks...
what i did is swab the magenta capping station flooded it with cleaning solution waited 5 minutes and it was still flooded,, how lond does it take to drain from capping station .thanks
long as i swab capping station and do i test print it is fine but if i do two or three cleaning capping station floods and contaminates the yellow....so i am guess plug line to tank? anyone elese opinion appreciated...thanks chopper

graphix

problem solved found 3 screws to the front plate. took it off, unhooked line from cap station sryinged it several times , cleaning solution started flowing through without help..thanks all now if i know what the tee sponge is for i bought acleaning kit and this was in it...

GTSTech_1

The "T" sponge goes under you "Misting" pad, it's function is to allow the ink that collects on the misting pad to wick down to the waste lines. Without the T sponge your mist pad will become saturated and splash ink onto your print carriage, enough ink will build up until you'll get ink droping on your print.