Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sp540 capping station

Discussion in 'Roland' started by graphix, Sep 24, 2009.

1. graphix

graphix Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Ohio
    what causes a capping station to stay flooded my magenta stay flooded and contaminates the yellow i can swab the capping staion out it it test prints fine but then it fills up again what is going on and what are the fixes for this

thanks everyone..

Tags:
  2. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    O O O O I know,
    it could be one of two things if your pump is ok which I believe it to be
    since there is no problem with the black and the blue, it will be the tubes from the capping station to the pump may be plugged, if it isn't that tube check the tube to the drain tank, that just happened to me the other day and it ended up being the latter of the two, I use a syringe and pull the ink through the head and the capping station and I removed the drain tube and pulled denatured alcohol through it till it was clean, and then ran a head cleaning session on med did a test print and back to normal...
    //chopper

3. graphix

graphix Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Ohio
    ok i should take the clear plastic off,, well when you have time could you type the procedure thanks...
    what i did is swab the magenta capping station flooded it with cleaning solution waited 5 minutes and it was still flooded,, how lond does it take to drain from capping station .thanks
    long as i swab capping station and do i test print it is fine but if i do two or three cleaning capping station floods and contaminates the yellow....so i am guess plug line to tank? anyone elese opinion appreciated...thanks chopper

4. graphix

graphix Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Ohio
    also what is the tee sponge for and where does it go? thanks..

5. graphix

graphix Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Ohio
    problem solved found 3 screws to the front plate. took it off, unhooked line from cap station sryinged it several times , cleaning solution started flowing through without help..thanks all now if i know what the tee sponge is for i bought acleaning kit and this was in it...

6. The "T" sponge goes under you "Misting" pad, it's function is to allow the ink that collects on the misting pad to wick down to the waste lines. Without the T sponge your mist pad will become saturated and splash ink onto your print carriage, enough ink will build up until you'll get ink droping on your print.

7. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Check to see that your cap(s) are not ready to be replaced as well since you are there already.