• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 Color Problem

TNT

I made a print that was 8 ft x 7 ft in 2 panels. Printed 1 after the other. When I went to join them together the 2 nd panel is darker. Any Ideas on the problem.

InkjetAuction

Flipping Panels

I've seen this... especially when printing solid blues on the SP-540V

I think that you are seeing a slight difference in color from the left side of the print, to the right side of the print. So when you butt the prints together, you are seeing a hard-edge difference in color.

A best practice is to "flip" every other panel in VersaWorks (or Flexi)... as you print them. This way the overlap/butt sides are always printed on the same side of the printer.

What do you think?

~E

TNT

Ok I will try that next time. The print has lots of shades of blues to grays in that area.
Anyone have any other thoughts.

ChiknNutz

I don't know if VW has it, but Wasatch has a function to auto-flip every other print to help alleviate this problem. I personally don't know exactly why it happens, but it must be common enough to build that function into the RIP.

InkjetAuction

Nice feature...

That's a nice feature, but not one that's built into VW.
I'll have to send a "wish list" note to the software guys at Roland.

~E

kustomkoncepts

I had a similar problem with my 540 and versa works. did a 30' enclosed trailer with a 90% Black for a dk grey stipe and a orange swoosh graphic I was sick to my stomach when it was on and there was a noticable difference in the greys from pannel to pannel. ended up not charging the guy for it lost 5K. Thanks ROLAND junk.