• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 Cyan printing issue

Kevie

I recently had a problem with random pattern printing of the black head.
After removing all ribbon connectors and cleaning the contacts with an electronic spray cleaner all was working well again.
However, after a couple of good days the cyan head is now printing with a gradient pattern... it will print normally for an inch or so then give a lighter area to the left (coverage is not uniform). Strangely, the "test print" is normal.
Anyone have any suggestions to remedy?

Attachments

• SP540 Cyan 2.jpg
    SP540 Cyan 2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 77

phototec

Hello, I cant help you with your printing issue, but I was wondering what those two PVC pipes (in your photo) are for on the front of your printer?

Thanks

Kevie

Hello Phototec,

Print issue was the result of a lightning strike... it had zapped the CPU. The tech tried all the main suspects but after a process of elimination the fault was traced back to the main board.
I lost our HP Officejet at the same time but luckily the computers were all powered down and disconnected... just hadn't noticed that the big printer was on standby... bugger.
I will be investing in a new surge board.

The pipes are a simple take up system with a ball race in each end.