• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540 magenta ink empty?

stickygraphics12

Ok, so here I am at 10pm, going to be working real late to get jobs done by a deadline early next week and my magenta ink cartridge all of the sudden says its empty???? Funny that I just put the new cartridge in on 9/30 and when i pull the cartridge out there is plenty of ink in it?!

Can anyone help me out with what might be causing this???? I have to figure this out or im officially SCREWED!

H2OK

puyll your catridge out, shake it some and check on the side opposite the label there is a rectangular hole at the bottom of that side with a little tab looking thing in there, make sure it is pushed back... ( I am assuming OEM catridges right???)

Bill43mx

If you feel you're absolutely screwed if you don't get the printer going AND you are sure there is ink in the cart then try flexing the tab outward and trimming it off with a razor blade enough that when you let it go it doesn't protrude from the side of the cart. That should allow you to print but now you won't have any warning before the cart actually does run out of ink.

ova

Hey , Dave here from Ohio Valley Awards. I have the complete opposite problem. Magenta ran out and didn't alarm. This happened with black about a year ago and our service rep said Roland was having an issue with the cartridges. Needless to say I couldn't get the ink to the head and had to have him come to the shop. I've got the magenta ink to the head but can't seem to get it thru to the metering pump. Anyone know the secret?Please call me @ 1-800-446-1925Thanks