• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 NOT feeding vinyl while printing??

jster171

LONG story, but helping a friend with his SP540, its NOT feeding the vinyl while performing a test print? It WILL indeed feed while jogging the vinyl forward or backwards, so I know its NOT the feed motor etc. But when performing a test print, the vinyl just sits there while the head is moving back and forth laying down a pile of ink...any ideas as to what it might be?

jster171

I ran this test about a month ago, but if I remember correctly, the test print on his display had an additional test print option that actually prints an image, kinda like when you test print from Versaworks. My SP300v only has the one test print option that prints the little lines in all 4 colors, but it seems that his was different. As far as the comment about ALL PRINTS, this printer is not hooked up to a PC anymore. Long story, my friends father in law had to shut down his sign shop of over 40yrs due to mental health issues, so Im trying to help him get stuff sold etc. I told him that he might just have to sell this printer to someone to use it for PARTS etc vs putting money into it to try to get it printing properly. Anyhow, the vinyl doesn't move at all when doing a test print, but the vinyl will move while jogging.....