• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 Ran out of Yellow

jstrick

My sp540 had a bordeaux ink cart in it and ran out of yellow. I am however done with these carts. I put the new roland yellow in and now cant get her to print yellow. Any tips on how to get it to pump it up??

jstrick

Sp 540 Problem

Tried cleaning and cleaning and printing a yellow square and test prints, every color is beautiful except yellow. On a test print it wont even print one speck of yellow

Baz

Im no tech but i think your machine's ink suction settings are probably not set for what the max inks require. Its something that is set in the service menu and i dont know if you can have different settings for each color. Are you using different inks at the same time? If so then your profiles wont be good for much. I think you need to call your tech.

Graphix Plus Ink

Air in lines. Take a syringe and pull the color threw or put a cleaning cartridge in and flush that bad boy. Maybe a pump. But try that first.

GTSTech_1

I'm not sure about Bordeux Inks, but some 3rd party inks are not compatible with OEM inks. If this is the case, then it's very possible that you have clogged the Damper and Printhead, you should have flushed the line then inserted your OEM cart.

If you have air in the line (which you should since you stated you ran out of ink), I would prime the line via a syringe, and not by 'pumping up". When you pump up your pumping up all ink lines, and wasting ink.

Once you have pulled ink thru, you still are not getting any yellow. I would check the Cap Top it could be in need of replacing, or cleaned at the very least.

I also agree with the other post concerning "Profiles". You will have color problems if your using Yellow OEM, and all other inks are bordeaux. Unless your making your own profiles in-house.

My $.02

GTSTech_1

jstrick

Talked to Tech

I talked to a tech yesterday and he is actually stumped. The cartdrige had a chip on it and my machine always shuts off when it runs out of ink. So he says why didn't it shut off if it ran out? Maybe it wasn't completely out and just quit printing yellow. He said maybe damper or some electrical problem. He also said the machine only has one pump that pumps all the ink, so he kinda ruled that out. But it is weird how it was in the middle of a print and suddenly stopped printing yellow and hasn't printed a spec of yellow since. We did try the syringe and still no luck..Any more ideas while I await the tech to show? I will keep you guys posted in case anyone else has this problem in the future and thanks for your help!!!!

Blizare

Wow, thats pretty dumb to have it shut off when out of ink.

Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Mine 'tells' me it needs a new cart and I put one in.

Weird hey.

zmatalucci

I've had my sp-540 run out of ink with a stock cartridge before. All I did was a couple powerful cleanings, and the new stuff came out.

jstrick

Excuse Me

Sorry for not making that clear. I meant to say....it stops printing and beeps and shows which cart is empty and I then replace it, it stops beeping and continues with its print. Anyway, it did run out of yellow and after several pulls with a syringe and I mean several!!! She started printing yellow again.

Baz

Glad to hear she's printing again :thumb:

I'll share a quick tip as well ... First thing to check when a color drops out is the ink cartridge. I once spent 6 hours of cleaning and troubleshooting to finding out the tab on a cartridge that triggers the low ink warning was loose. This has happened to me twice so far.

JAMESGANGRACING

you do have to pull the ink through with a syringe when it runs out like that. my sp540 will not stop and "beep" with the bordeux cartridges. of course i'm told i'm the only one with that problem by my supplier. going back to roland ink 'cause i'm tired of it running out 4 feet into a print.

jstrick

sp 540

when i first tried the bordeaux inks, i took the chip off the roland ink that came out and it would reset. but the new ones don't even have a place for the chip. i am also going back to all roland inks.