• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 --- Stops Printing and freezes "processing" Error Code # 1670462

BOOMWRAPS

Hey Everyone, Hoping for some help on this...

Have a sp540 -- about 5+ years old. My printer begins a print and all of a sudden the printer carriage stops --no beeps no head strike, just stops and the screen on printer just freezes saying "processing" Not sure what to do or if anyone had the problem. I did get 2 error messages and they were #1670462 and 1670595? Any help would be great!

Thanks all!

rafatelecom

Same problem

I had the same problem with my SP-540v last week (have about 5 years old too).
After these errors (Internal Error 1670462 and 1670595) appeared the error "service call 0002". I changed the servo board (approximately U$ 1000 :O) and the internal error 1670462 disappeared, however the error 1670595 still appears. I thing the error (1670595) occured because my motor never changed and have about 2600 hours worked.
I will call my tecnical this weekend and try to reset the SP-540v and see if the errors disappears, or changed the motor.

If anyone have any idea of caused this errors, please tell to us!

thanks

DCaptDan

A lot of these errors are firmware related. Go to Roland site, support, support wizzard, and make sure you have the latest firmware for your model printer. If you already have the latest firmware, re-install it again anyway. I found this to correct many of thse problems. Good luck.

Gabriel

Hello!
BOOMWRAPS, can you tell how many working hours your scan motor has?
For strange errors like these, you can try to clean the encoder strip or the sensor. Check cable connection between main board and servo board.
I have a pdf file with almost all the errors a Roland printer can display. Maybe it will give you an idea about your problem.
Most of these errors are solved with a restart of your machine. If those errors keep on appearing, then maybe the best thing is to replace the main board.
Hope that helps!

BOOMWRAPS

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have been talking to techs for 3 days now and none of them know the codes I had. I am gonna try the servo board. Just ordered one. Just wanted to know which motor you replaced after the board ( scan or feed motor ) also did that fix the second error code? Again thanks very much for the help.

Gabriel

Hi,
Most of these errors are caused by the scan motor/servo board/encoder strip/encoder strip sensor. For the feed motor there is only that error : "Feed motor error. Turn off power" - or something like this. Feed motor errors are : 0001/0004/0008 - with combinations(0005 it's 0004+0001 occure in the same time). So. if there is one motor to be replaced, then it's the scan motor.
Have you tried to do "LIMIT INITIALIZATION"? Just curious...
Keep us all updated!
Thank you very much!

My FJ50 converted and running as CJ50 was running great..... Until I installed Flexi 10.2 Now it will start to print than just stop, after a mnit it parks and shuts down.
Flexi is scilent even after a $1100 upgrade.Seems like flexi is hoging memory?

88flstf

Same problem

I had the same problem with the 540V going into 'now processing' in the middle of the job. The job would disappear from VersaWorks and everything would have to be restarted. Never did get an error message. Tried firmware upgrade, software upgrade, always ripping before printing and not during, tried running no other programs on the computer... wasted material and lots of time. So we traded to a VS640 and guess what? Same problem. We were running it on the network and it seems the router was rebooting itself randomly. Now that's fixed and we haven't had it happen again, but it was quite random before.

sergio valdivia

Internal error 1670462

I had the same problem with my SP-540v last week (have about 5 years old too).
After these errors (Internal Error 1670462 and 1670595) appeared the error "service call 0002". I changed the servo board (approximately U$ 1000 :O) and the internal error 1670462 disappeared, however the error 1670595 still appears. I thing the error (1670595) occured because my motor never changed and have about 2600 hours worked.
I will call my tecnical this weekend and try to reset the SP-540v and see if the errors disappears, or changed the motor.

If anyone have any idea of caused this errors, please tell to us!

thanks
Hi I am having the same problem with this error, havent change any parts
I would like to know if changing the pars you mention solve the problem