• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 Wiper scraper question

I replaced the wipers and wiper scraper today and i'm not sure I installed the scraper correctly. Right now the scraper is loose in the mount and it flops backwards when the wipers go towards the rear of the printer. It make s a flopping noise that i don't remember hearing before, any one know if this wiper scraper is supposed to be completely stationary? or floppy?

oh it doesn't flop forward only backward.

really? Ok this one must be making more noise for some reason. I just couldn't see how I could have gotten it on wrong or another way for that matter.

ProWraps

should only flop in one direction as there should be a "hook" to the scraper. check for obstructions or use white lithium grease on the ball bearings of the carriage.

martyprince

I have a question about the wiper's on the SP540V. Ours is making a noise when the Wiper Carriage moves. It's like a grinding noise. I think the drive belt is striped or the teeth is messed up on one of the gears. Has anyone had this problem?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
It hangs and only moves backwards.
The wiper go back and the scraper swings up, when the wipers come forward it scrapes the front of the wipers in the stiff position.

martyprince

It hangs and only moves backwards.
The wiper go back and the scraper swings up, when the wipers come forward it scrapes the front of the wipers in the stiff position.

Mike,
I noticed the problem when I was changing the wiper blades. (We are having a problem with banding, so I was changing the wipers) But when the wipers came out, the wiper carriage made a grinding noise and didn't come out as far as it used to. I'm actually afraid that they are not wiping the heads. Still having the banding problem unless we print on high quality.

CS-SignSupply

Martyprince, what does the test print look like on your printer?

Pack that thing up and bring it to Monroe, GA for depot service or call me to get a quote on visit to your location for service call.

markoor

wiper scraper grinding noise

Roland SP300v. I believe I'm having similar issues. I went to do a manually cleaning. then I moved the wipers out to clean them by using the arrow button. The I moved them back inside its home. When I put the covers back on and it was doing its self cleaning, it made a grinding noise. I pulled the cover off to see what was going on. My wipers were hanging up on the black wiper scraper. Like the gear was slipping. I moved the scraper out of the way and as soon as the wipers came all the way out it made a grindnig noise as soon as it hit the sponge holder. I moved the sponge holder in and out and it moves with ease. So I'm thinking my belt may be loose or somewhere inside the machine that I can not see I may have gears that are starting to slip. Any ideas if I can get parts or what parts I may need to order? Can the belt be tightened. Wish the gears were metal.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
did you fix it, How did u fix it

Some aftermarket wipers are simply too stiff and get jammed on the wiper scraper. You just need to get OEM ones or softer aftermarket ones. The grinding is the motor slipping after the wiper gets caught.

kensign

Thanks a lot ,
I noticed the wipers were hitting hard on the wiper scraper with strong force and tried to come out ,but just wouldn't pass the scraper, It's travelling, but the scraper stopped it , but the scraper is floppy and not stuck if flip backward

kensign

changed new wiper scrapper and new wiper still the same, the belt and gear looks fine, belt did not seem to skip gear or grinding, the motor should not pulling so hard for the wiper to come out with such strong force against the scraper, the scraper is film like plastic , could bend ,
please help
Thanks