• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540v Banding issues!!!Help

kingofwraps

Im right in the middle of printing a wrap and im starting to see banding on my print...(of course on FRIDAY)I think its ink starvation because im running low on a couple colors. Can i remove low cartridge and replace it with the full one before machine directs me too? or any other advice....

sfr table hockey

Make sure that if you still had ink in the cart it may a blockage issue. If dampers still had lots of ink then this may be the issue. I just ran through a problem where half way through a large print the colors started to fade on the one where there was a full print in that color. The others were still good but whatever used the most ink started to fail. I paused and did a cleaning and started to print again and the color was back. Did another print and same thing occured.

What my problem was is the small clear tube line that goes from the bottom of my capping station over to the small rectangle (on the right side of the cap station) with nibs on the sides. Not sure what this is called but those clear lines were blocked solid. This must cause a bit of a suction as the printheads slide over and rest for a split second every once and a while while printing. Once the clear lines were unblocked the caps don't fill up like they were doing when I did a cleaning. This is back to normal and no more ink starvation part way through a print.

sfr table hockey

I have a CJ 500 so I have done everything on it my self. On my unit you can easily remove the caps out of the holders to get the tubes out. I could have also just removed the tube from the end that goes to that small rectangle box with the rubber nipples on the other side. This is what moves sideways as the head slide in place and the caps raise up to seal on the heads. Yours may not be the same setup. If you can get at that end you might be able to use a syringe and flush with some cleaning fluid or better yet just use the syringe to blow air through the line to see if it is blocked. If you hear the air or if the syringe has no resistance then the line should be ok and not blocked.

Now I can't tell by the photos in the manuals, for your unit, if it has a similar setup.
If someone can understand what part I mean, and has your printer, they could shed some light.