• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540V Chirps for Ink when it doesn't need it.

rjssigns

My SP540V has developed an intermittent annoyance. It chirps for ink when the cart is still half full. Will even do it with new carts. Last one was a few minutes ago with slot 2(cyan). Been doing a ton of printing so when it chirped I got a cart ready only to find the cyan was at least half full.
Before that the magenta did need replacing, but putting a new cart in didn't help. Ended up taking it out scrubbing the chip contacts on my blue jeans, putting it back in and it's been working ever since.:confused:

I'm guessing the chip readers are dirty, but not sure.

Triggerhappy

The printer does not stop, because the chip is telling him to do so. It stops when the senzor is triggered by the cartridge. You may have bought a bad batch. Just nip off the end of the trigger and you'll be fine

Hey rjssigns,

We've not heard from you in a bit, so it's possible you've solved the problem. However, if the issue continues, then we know there's a problem related to the ink out sensor in the IC Holder. This would require service to fix and we encourage you to call your authorize Roland dealer to discuss the repair.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn