Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP540v - Crop print/cut - With or without heat?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by vsmartino, Jun 17, 2020.

1. vsmartino

vsmartino New Member

Dec 17, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    So I can't come to a conclusion on what to do in this circumstance. I seem to be having some inconsistencies when I print, laminate, crop read then cut.

Is it better to do A or B?

A: Print (with heat), laminate, crop read/cut (no heat)

or

B: Print (with heat), laminate, crop read/cut (WITH heat)

Tags:
  2. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I would suggest print with heat, cut without heat for this reason... The heat MAY cause minor dimensional changes where the media is on the platen. The amount of time any given section of the media is on the platen during the crop mark registration sequence will probably be different then when any given section of the media is on the platen while that area is being cut.
    Then again, it may not make any difference at all. And if it does, it will probably be so minor you won't see it. So save some electricity and cut without heat. Then if you have cut alignment issues on a job, you know heat isn't the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1