• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540v - Crop print/cut - With or without heat?

vsmartino

So I can't come to a conclusion on what to do in this circumstance. I seem to be having some inconsistencies when I print, laminate, crop read then cut.

Is it better to do A or B?

A: Print (with heat), laminate, crop read/cut (no heat)

or

B: Print (with heat), laminate, crop read/cut (WITH heat)

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I would suggest print with heat, cut without heat for this reason... The heat MAY cause minor dimensional changes where the media is on the platen. The amount of time any given section of the media is on the platen during the crop mark registration sequence will probably be different then when any given section of the media is on the platen while that area is being cut.
Then again, it may not make any difference at all. And if it does, it will probably be so minor you won't see it. So save some electricity and cut without heat. Then if you have cut alignment issues on a job, you know heat isn't the problem.