• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540V Cutting after Laminate

txsurfer

I have had my Roland for two years now, I have never attempted to use the registration mark cutting after laminate, I am going to attempt it in the next few days, anyone have any tips for doing this?
Should I bother?

high impact

I've got a sp300v and use the cut after laminate all the time. Heck ya you should be using it!!! It works great with Flexi.

Biggest tip I have - line up the print straight when you put it back in the machine.

chopper

what I do when I print, laminate and cut is draw lines across the front reg marks,
take a fine point sharpie and mark the center of the the reg marks on the out side then take a strait edge and draw lines from the dots to the outside of the print, then when you load the print back into the machine you line up the lines with the holes in the sheet guides that are over the cutting strip this will get your print lined up correctly when you go and cut, also as mentioned above you need to make sure that the controls are shut of in your software and you are controlling from the menu on printer this caused me great frustration till I figured out what was happening, hope this helps//chopper