• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540V cutting problems

charlie62

My Roland has been having cutting problems.
I've replaced the linear encoder and the linear sensor this morning and the first two jobs were cut OK (all the jobs referred to here, are batches of 250 x 300 mm made up of 25 x 30 mm post stamp sized stickers; 5 batches fit the width of the media).

As I said, the first 2 jobs, were cut within expected limits.
The 3rd job again gave problems. Batch 1 (of 5), on the Right of the machine, was cut correctly. Batch 2 - 5 suddenly went off about 3mm to the front and 2mm to the left of the machine (hope I'm explaining this so you can understand).

Please, what can be wrong, what should I check?

Vinyldog

I've been told you have to re-calibrate the machine after installing the encoder. You could try doing an environmental match which I believe is similar but not as extensive.

charlie62

I've done the calibrations, etc.

Can any one tell me what is the function of the Cable flex-cut that is part of the drive unit? Might the problem be there?
Also, could it be that I cut the linear encoder 3 mm too long so that it now is not tight enough?